Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Bushranger Content Update Out Now!
Tripwire Enlists Aussies With Free Bushranger Content Update for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Available Now
First Major Content Update Adds Australian Forces, New Weapons, Maps, Customization Options, and More; On Sale for 50% Off Through December 1st
ROSWELL, GA – Nov. 28, 2017 – Tripwire Interactive is excited to release the Bushranger Content Update, the first free major content update for the award-winning tactical shooter Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, which debuted for PC via Steam earlier this year in May. The Australians were a major player on the anti-Communist side of the war for 10 years, between 1962 and 1972, along with supporting elements from New Zealand. Now playable in today’s update, the Australian forces come with new unique customization options and specially recorded voice-over.
Check out the new trailer here:
To celebrate this milestone, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is featured on Steam’s Midweek Madness sale for 50% off! This sale is live and will end on Dec. 1st at 10 a.m. PST.
The Bushranger Content Update for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam includes:
- New Weapons
- L1A1 SLR – The backbone of the Australian Army’s arsenal, this 7.62 NATO semi-automatic is available for the grunt class
- L2A1 LMG – Machine gunners will be able to choose this fully automatic version of the L1A1, with an added bipod and fire selector for precision aiming
- Owens SMG – First brought into service during World War II, the gravity-assisted 9mm machine carbine was still used by troops during Vietnam
- F1 SMG – Similar to the British Sterling, this 9mm submachine gun comes with semi and full automatic fire modes and a detachable bayonet
- Browning Hi-Power Pistol – Semi-automatic 9mm sidearm sporting a 13-round magazine
- New Maps
- Long Tan – NLF forces will be tasked with attacking a defensive position set in a rubber plantation on a dark and stormy night
- Rung Sac – Battle in the Vietnamese marshlands, culminating with a last stand in an old Indochina-era fortress
- Operation Forrest – A large-scale map taking place across swamps and farmland, this map features the games longest engagement distances to-date
- New Commander Ability
- The Canberra Bomber – Australian Forces commanders can now call in English Electric Canberra bombers to carpet bomb an area along a set path. New UI features have been added to help commanders direct the trajectory of this ability as well as the existing Napalm Strike ability
- New Vehicle
- Huey ‘Bushranger’ Attack Helicopter – Complete with folding-fin aerial rockets (FFAR) and adjustable miniguns for the pilot and co-pilot, and dual mounted M60 door guns for passengers
- Bug fixes and improvements in response to community feedback
For full, detailed patch notes for the Bushranger Content Update for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, please visit: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/rising-storm-2-vietnam/rs2-vietnam-general
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is developed by Antimatter Games and published by Tripwire Interactive for PC.
Stay up-to-date with the latest Rising Storm 2: Vietnam news and information at www.rs2Vietnam.com. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam at any of these online channels: www.tripwireinteractive.com, on Discord at https://discord.gg/rs2vietnam, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RS2Vietnam/, Twitter at https://twitter.com/rs2vietnam, Reddit at /r/rs2vietnam, Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/tripwireinteractive and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive.
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam ©2017 Tripwire Interactive. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2016, Epic Games, Inc. Steam® is a registered trademark of Valve, Inc. This software product includes Autodesk® Human IK® property of Autodesk, Inc. 2008, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk, “Autodesk® Human IK®” is a registered trademark or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Tripwire Interactive
Gamers want games that grab their attention and will keep them coming back for more. Tripwire has been producing those types of games since the first Red Orchestra mod that won the "Make Something Unreal" competition in 2004. Since then Tripwire has won numerous Multiplayer and FPS Game of the Year awards from top editorial sites and millions have played a Red Orchestra or Killing Floor game, with an average play time of over 40 hours, per player, per game! Tripwire has published select 3rd party titles (The Ball, Zeno Clash, Dwarfs?!), supported each title with free extra content and taken their brand of winning gaming to console, to continuously expand that base. Tripwire will continue to offer new and exciting gaming experiences both to their millions of fans and to new gamers alike - including Killing Floor 2 for PC and PS4 in 2016, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam for PC and Killing Floor: Incursion for Oculus Touch and HTC VIVE in 2017 and Killing Floor 2 for Xbox One and Xbox One X in 2017. To find out why millions of gamers spend so much time playing Tripwire games and getting involved with Tripwire's special events for existing games, visit the website at www.tripwireinteractive.com for all the latest news direct from the studio.
- Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - ARVN Update Released!
- ARVN Content Update Announced for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
- Killing Floor: Incursion Available Now for PS VR!
- Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - Round 2 Modding Contest Winners Announced
- Killing Floor: Incursion - PSVR Release Date Announced!
- Killing Floor 2: Infinite Onslaught Content Pack Available Now!