Killing Floor 2 - PS4 Pro Support and GameStop Partnership Announced!
The Tripwire team was excited to be in New York this week for the official Sony announcement of the PS4 Pro system! For all the details on the upcoming system click HERE
When KILLING FLOOR 2 launches on November 18th we'll be supporting both the PS4 and the new PS4 Pro! More details (and visuals) to come in the upcmoing weeks!
We're also very excited to announce that the retail PS4/PS4 Pro version of KILLING FLOOR 2 will be available EXCLUSIVELY at GameStop and can be pre-ordered now!
Here's the full announcement:
KILLING FLOOR 2 PARTNERS WITH GAMESTOP FOR EXCLUSIVE RELEASE ON PLAYSTATION®4 PRO AND PLAYSTATION®4 THIS NOVEMBER
Roswell, GA – September 8, 2016 – Tripwire Interactive, in collaboration with Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive, is pleased to announce that the retail release of its highly successful co-op sci-fi horror FPS game, KILLING FLOOR 2, will be available at launch fully supporting the newly announced PlayStation®4 Pro computer entertainment system and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system exclusively at GameStop, the largest videogame retailer, for $39.99 on November 18, 2016. Enhanced for PlayStation®4 Pro out of the box, the sequel to the 3+ million unit selling Killing Floor will be making its console debut with this release for the first time in franchise history with gory visuals, touting sharper and crisper textures, and overall increased fidelity.
”Partnering with companies like Tripwire and Deep Silver allows us to leverage our position as largest video game retailer in the world to deliver better experiences and opportunities to all gamers,” said Eric Bright, senior director of merchandising at GameStop. “Killing Floor 2 is a great example of how we can take AAA products and bring them to brand new audiences.”
In KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though... A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
- Visceral Gore - KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
- 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
- 12 Player PvP Versus Survival Game Mode - Be the Zed! A 12 player PvP mode where two teams take turns playing Humans vs. Zeds in a pair of short matches. In the first match, one team plays Humans and the other Zeds until the humans all die during a single round or they beat the boss. For the second match the teams switch sides and when the battle is completed both teams receive a score based on their performance and the higher score wins!
- Terrifying Zeds - New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
- Unique Blend Of Weaponry - From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons,KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
- Expanded Perk System - Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
- Brutal Melee Combat - KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
KILLING FLOOR 2 is developed by Tripwire Interactive and will be published for retail by Deep Silver for the PlayStation®4 Pro and PlayStation®4, and published by Iceberg Interactive for PC. The game will be available globally on November 18, 2016.
Stay up-to-date with the latest KILLING FLOOR 2 news and information at www.killingfloor2.com. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive at any of these online channels:www.tripwireinteractive.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tripwireinteractive, Twitter at https://twitter.com/TripwireInt and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award-winning mod team and winners of the 2004 edition of the “$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. The team released Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, to both critical and commercial success, garnering several awards including "Multiplayer Game of the Year" and "FPS of the Year". This was followed by the immensely popular KILLING FLOOR, which went straight to the top of the best-seller list on Steam and has now sold over 3m units, making it one of the best-selling PC games of all time. Red Orchestra 2 was released in September 2011, to high praise and PC Gamer's award for "FPS of the Year (Multiplayer)" followed by Rising Storm in May 2013 ("one of the best military FPS games I’ve played" - IGN) which won PC Gamer's 2013 Multiplayer Game of the Year. In 2015 Tripwire released its biggest title to date, Killing Floor 2, on Steam Early Access. Along with publishing other Indie titles, Tripwire Interactive continues to build a reputation for strong support for all their titles over a prolonged period of time. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive's website atwww.tripwireinteractive.com.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is a global, multichannel video game, consumer electronics and wireless services retailer. GameStop operates more than 7,500 stores across 14 countries. The company's consumer product network also includeswww.gamestop.com; www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the world's leading print and digital video game publication; and ThinkGeek, www.thinkgeek.com, the premier retailer for the global geek community featuring exclusive and unique video game and pop culture products. In addition, our Technology Brands segment includes Simply Mac and Spring Mobile stores. Simply Mac, www.simplymac.com, operates 72 stores, selling the full line of Apple products, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones and offering Apple certified warranty and repair services. Spring Mobile, www.springmobile.com, sells all of AT&T's products and services, including DIRECTV through its 1,424 AT&T branded stores and offers pre-paid wireless services, devices and related accessories through its 70 Cricket branded stores in select markets in the U.S.
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, and the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK; Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, and Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the United States.
All product titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or copyright material of the respective owners. All rights reserved.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of developers. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over recent years, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, StarDrive 2 and Starpoint Gemini 2, the company has an exceptional 2016 line-up, including Oriental Empires, Killing Floor 2, Starpoint Gemini Warlords, Dawn of Andromeda, Lord of Rigel and Stars in Shadow – with further promising games in the pipeline.
- Killing Floor 2 - New Weekly Outbreak - BOOM!
- Killing Floor Incursion - Release Date Announced & Pre-Order Live!
- Killing Floor 2 - New Weekly Outbreak - BEEFCAKE!
- Killing Floor 2 - New Weekly Outbreak - ZED TIME!
- KILLING FLOOR 2 Coming To Xbox One And Xbox One X
- Killing Floor 2 - New Weekly Outbreak - UP, UP AND DECAY