Tripwire Interactive is currently looking for an experienced Design Director to join the team. As the Design Director you will have the opportunity to work with a design team that has already created some of the most popular multiplayer shooters in the world. The ideal candidate will bring the skills to the table to grow the design capabilities of this team even further. The Design Director should have excellent game design ability in both single and multiplayer and be a proven leader. Tripwire has a unique collaborative design process with a core design team; The Design Director will be the cornerstone of this team. Finally, the perfect candidate will be a designer that doesn't accept the status quo and is willing to push the envelope in their designs and try new things. Do you have the skills, experience and ability we're looking for? If you do apply now and help us take our games to the next level!
- Work closely with the core Design Team to drive the creation and refinement of game designs.
- Coordinate with Design Team members and the Producer to help define scope, schedule design tasks and meet milestone demands.
- Perform ongoing design to iterate on, improve, and flesh out the game design throughout the development process from early design to post release add-ons.
- Work with all departments on the scheduling and integration of the game design, as well as game feature development goals and execution.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in collaborative efforts to implement and balance gameplay features, based on the design.
- Mentor the design team to grow their skill sets and capabilities.
- Partners with the Design Manager to provide feedback and assist in career development for relevant parts of the team.
- A minimum of 7 years industry experience in the field of game design.
- A minimum of 2 shipped products as a Senior or Lead designer.
- Shipped title experience with both single player campaigns and multiplayer.
- Excellent design skills and thorough understanding of game design theory.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to "think outside the box" when designing, challenge existing design paradigms, and push the envelope of design.
- A strong desire for delivering a high level of quality, with an awareness of what the prevailing standards of quality are in game design.
- The ability to function well during high stress and high-pressure circumstances.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, leading to a demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team structure
- A demonstrated ability to make wise decisions regarding game design.
Tripwire Interactive offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package (401K, health care, quarterly profit share) and a professional but non-corporate environment. This position is full-time onsite at our studio in Roswell, GA. Please submit your cover letter with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.