Business Development Manager
Tripwire Interactive is looking for a highly talented and dedicated Business Development Manager to join the Tripwire Interactive family. As an independent studio and publisher, Tripwire Interactive is able to develop the games that they want, on their own schedule. Based in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta, Tripwire is in the perfect area for those that enjoy sunny weather and a relatively low cost of living.
Founded in 2005, Tripwire Interactive has established itself as one of the premier independent developers and publishers in the world. With the smash hit Killing Floor franchise and the multi game of the year award winning Red Orchestra/Rising Storm franchise selling well over 10 million units, Tripwire has demonstrated it consistently delivers great hit games that gamers across the world love.
Drive the modeling, research and evaluation of strategic opportunities in the gaming and publishing space
- Research and develop opportunities to maximize revenue growth for Tripwire’s catalog of games
- Solicit, review, & participate in pitches for new game ideas and business opportunities to grow Tripwire’s publishing business
- Research, assess, analyze and produce strategies and business plans for current and future opportunities
- Execute a business development strategy to support Tripwire’s game development and publishing ambitions. Partner closely with the studio President.
- Negotiate mutually beneficial deals with external developers and business partners where both sides succeed
- Synchronize with marketing, product owners, finance, production and studio leadership teams to ensure all activity is coordinated from a sales cycle and brand perspective
- Negotiate contractual agreements and manage drafting of legal terms and the contracting process
- Identify and maintain relationships with key industry contacts in the gaming space
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of business development experience
- 3+ years of video game industry experience
- Proven record of success developing and pursuing video game development and publishing deals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to work within a team structure
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interest or knowledge of the games industry
Preference to Applicants With:
7+ years of games industry business development experience
- A strong existing contact network of game developers, publishers, and industry partners
- BA is a plus, MBA is a big plus
- Digital distribution experience
- Game publishing experience
- Sales experience
Tripwire Interactive offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package (401K, health care, quarterly profit share) and a professional but non-corporate environment. This position is full-time onsite at our studio in Roswell, GA. Please submit your cover letter with resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.